My Dream Vacation

Madi Gibson, MVC Writer

Everyone has a dream vacation or a desired destination they would like to go to. Some can be as extravagant as the Caribbean or it can be as simple as another state. For me, I would love to travel to Santorini, Greece. 

Santorini’s official name is actually Thira meaning “the most beautiful one.” Greece has many colors around the area, especially in Santorini and this is because of the volcanic activity. Santorini sits in a water-filled caldera of a massive volcano that ended the Minoan Civilization. Due to the volcanic activity, the beaches are white, black, and red. All of these aspects that come together as Greece, make sightseeing seem like such a fun and beautiful adventure. 

I love the vibrant colors of the famous cliff. The reds and blues stick out and bring a beautiful picture together. The water is so clear and has an amazing aurora. I am also fascinated by Greek culture and would love to learn more about it firsthand. I have the opportunity to travel to Santorini, Greece over the summer for a MVHS sponsored trip, which is open to all students in grades 9-12. There will be plenty of sightseeing on this trip.

The flight from Indianapolis to Santorini is an 18-hour flight with two stops in between. I think this long flight will be worth every hour.