Tips for Finishing off School Year Strong

Zyaria Hatcher, MVCurrent Writer

When the end of the school year approaches, everyone starts to get excited, anticipating the arrival of summer. During summer, we do not have to get up at the crack of dawn. We can lounge in our pj’s all day. But for now, we are stuck with the daunting task of doing homework, projects, and essays. We always hear teachers telling us to finish off the school year strong, but let’s be honest, some of the advice we hear is not that good. So, here are some good tips for finishing off the last quarter of the school year strong. 

1. Whatever you do, do not procrastinate. It will come back to haunt you. I am not saying do the work the moment you get it , but do not do it right before you have the class or in the morning of the day that it is due. 
  2. Here is the obvious one: just study. I find that using Quizlet is very helpful for remembering information. It is easy to quiz yourself using the flashcards and it is also easy to put a study guide into Quizlet. Having a friend quiz you is very helpful. Just make sure you are actually doing the work instead of just goofing off. 
  3. Do the homework. This sort of goes along with the procrastination one. All the homework adds up at the end. Those few homework assignments you decided you did not want to do, might end up costing you some of your grade. Doing the homework also helps you study and get more familiar with the lesson topic. It may seem like teachers just assign it for fun, but that is far from true. 

Whether you are a senior about to head off to college, or a freshman, staying strong during the last quarter of school helps a lot. Your ending grades really matters. Stay strong and good luck!