Mr. Pagano is Mr. Pa-gone-o

More stories from Allison Yoder

Seven weeks of a quarter is a long time for a teacher to be gone from school. However, if there is the right substitute to fill in, then it makes the situation easier for both the teacher and the students. This was the case when Mrs. Terrell had to go on maternity leave and Mr. Pagano covered her AP Government classes.

“I have been teaching for over thirty years,” said Mr. Pagano. “Though I have only been substitute teaching on and off for around five years.”

Mr. Pagano expressed his sentiments about the past several weeks in this class.

“I always prefer extended substitution jobs so I can get to know the students better,” said Mr. Pagano. “The biggest component of this class I will miss will definitely be the association with the students. I have developed a good relationship with a lot of the kids, and I will miss that.”

However, as much as Mr. Pagano’s teaching was appreciated, Mrs. Terrell coming back caused a positive reaction among the students.

“I am really happy Mrs. Terrell is back,” said Brenna Lechner, 12. “Mostly because I want to be as prepared as possible for the AP test next month, and her teaching style is so fun and really tends to stick.”

The students are excited to have her back, but Mrs. Terrell herself is even more excited to have returned.

“It feels good to be back, everyone has been really sweet and warm and helpful. Lots of my teacher friends are going out of their way to make sure I am doing okay,” said Mrs. Terrell. “The students are absolutely awesome as well, and even the new ones I’ve enjoyed having so far.”

With classes back to normal and Mrs. Terrell having returned, hopefully the rest of the year goes off without a hitch.