• Congratulations on Top 5 at Finals, Band of Marauders!

• Make sure to buy tickets for 42nd Street, will be performed 11/15-11/18

The MV Current

The MV Current

The Fruit Chronicles: banana

More stories from Cameron Baker

Drake controversy
March 4, 2019
Banana
Back to Article
Back to Article

The Fruit Chronicles: banana

Banana

Bananas, the fruit of all fruits, are some of the tastiest fruits according to many people. However, could all this tastiness come with a negative side effect? Bananas are a blessing, but the way your breath smells after eating one is just obscene.

Banana breath is one of the most common causes of social ostracism, according to many students here at Mt. Vernon. The smell of banana coming from someone’s breath is probably the single worst thing about bananas. Other than that, they’re a pretty great fruit.

“I really love bananas, I could eat them almost every day,” said Cole Shaffer, 12.

You can use bananas in a multitude of things, like banana smoothies, banana splits, and banana shakes. In my opinion, the best flavor of ice cream is banana and strawberry, which is found in tons of ice cream stores. You can even pour chocolate on them to make some great chocolate banana slices. Regarding utility, bananas are some of the best.

Overall, I think bananas are a great fruit. If it weren’t for the bad breath you get from eating them, I think they’d be among my top three fruits, but sadly that isn’t the case. I give the banana eight apples out of ten for their great utility and taste.

Katelynn Hexamer, MVC Photographer

Katelynn is a sophomore, and her first year in newspaper. She participates in clubs and theatre at school. She loves to take pictures, do voice lessons,...