Best of MV 2018

More stories from Zyaria Hatcher

Taylor Jones

Mural showcasing what MV has to offer

2018 has come to an end, and the new year approached fast. For freshmen, it is their first year of high school. Over this past year, a lot has happened, from victorious sports seasons to great shows and performances.

The homecoming game was successful. Mt. Vernon took the victory, and the dance was a big hit. Students enjoy time at dances and another dance that was large was Snow Whirl. From Instagram and Snapchat snaps, students were raving about the winter dance.

“I really enjoyed my time at Snow Whirl, the people there were really cool to hang around,” said Louisa Batge, 11.

The musical “The Little Mermaid” which was performed in April, was one of the biggest productions that Mt. Vernon has had. Many tickets were sold and more than 100 people turned up to audition for “The Little Mermaid.”  “42nd Street” was also a great hit and sold a lot of tickets for the matinee in November

Mt.Vernon had lots of laughter as well.  Many of memes appeared when a student’s car caught on fire, and a picture was taken of Mr. Larkins walking away from the scene of the incident.

Mt. Vernon also had many amazing guest speakers come and speak about their lives. Most people’s favorite was when Chip Minton came and bent a steel pole into two loops with his teeth. Many people don’t have people to turn to, but it is great to know that there are people there that care and will listen to you since the speakers travel from school to school and Chip Minton was one of those people.

“I really enjoyed the guest speakers and it helped me through some things knowing that I could talk to someone,” said Gabriela Corrales, 10.

2018 may have ended but, there is a new beginning to every end.