Small Smiles Club

Gabe Rentfrow, MVC writer

The MVHS student organization Small Smiles Club is a club that is focused on student and teacher appreciation. 

Abigail Maple said, “The goal of small smiles club is teacher and student appreciation and make the school feel like a better place”.

There are thirty-five students in the Small Smiles Club, which is led by junior Abigail Maple. In the club, Maple also leads a group of eight students who plan the events the club takes part in. 

Maple said, “This year I am really focusing a lot on getting more students involved in leadership.” 

Past events that the Small Smiles Club has done are teacher appreciation cards, football tailgate, and the gratitude wall. The teacher appreciation cards were sent out to each member of the faculty for MVHS. The football tailgate was a community builder, and it was very successful. The gratitude wall is a decorative poster of things that students are thankful for, which they have put up for the past two years.

The faculty at Mount Vernon is also frequently recognized by the Small Smiles Club. One such act that the Small Smiles Club has done is give flowers out to the teachers. Small Smiles members have also made giant cards, which were placed in the teachers lounge, and have gotten positive feedback from the faculty about these cards.

Mrs. Miller, the AP Euro and world history teacher, said, “When I received one of those cards last year, I was very happy to see that a student took their time to send a card to me.”

In total, the main goal of the Small Smiles Club is to spread and show kindness to the teachers and students of MVHS by planning fun events and giving gifts to the teachers.