Land of the Lost Movie

Graci Watson, MVcurrent Writer

Ever since I was young, my favorite movie has been”‘Land of the Lost.” This movie came out in 2009, but it still looks very good for a movie from the early 2000’s.  It is a comedy/ adventure movie and it is rated PG-13. The movie stars Will Ferrel as Dr. Rick Marshall, Anna Friel as Holly Cantrell, Danny McBride as Will Stanton, and Jorma Taccone as Cha-Ka. I recently watched it again and it is still as funny and entertaining as it was when I first watched it. 

In the beginning, Rick Marshall is in a sit down interview with real life TV host Matt Laur talking about his new book, in which he explains he can travel through time and prove the existence of time travel. He gets humiliated on live TV and people do not believe him.

While teaching his students at school, Holly shows up with a fossil that has an indent of a present day lighter, proving someone actually did travel back in time. 

Dr. Rick Marshall spends all night trying to create a door to an alternate reality, and eventually creates a tachyon amplifier which allows him to travel through time. Holly and Rick go to a run-down amusement park where they meet Will and go through a water tunnel ride. While in there, Rick drops his tachyon amplifier and the water current sends them through a waterfall which sends them back in time. 

Along the way, they meet a monkey named Cha-Ka who is about to be murdered. Eventually they encounter a dinosaur, which they run away from and make fun of. They also meet an evil lizard-person who tells them how to escape, but they need to find their tachyon amplifier.

“Land of the Lost” has comedy, romance, and adventure, which are popular with most movie goers. The plot of the movie is a lot to understand, but it is very fun and entertaining to watch. I recommend this movie to everyone and I would rate it  a 10/10.