Bring Change to Mind

Neve O'Brien, MVC writer

Bring Change To Mind (often abbreviated as BC2M) is a mental health awareness non-profit organization and club with the aim of normalizing mental illnesses and bringing awareness to mental health issues. The organization currently holds clubs in California, Arizona, New York, and Indiana.

BC2M was co-founded by actress and activist Glenn Close alongside her sister and nephew in 2010 after they were diagnosed with bipolar disorder and schizoaffective disorder, respectively. Their aim in creating the club is to overcome the stigma surrounding mental illness and the taboo of talking about it. 

Their “Our Story” page on their website says, “Bring Change to Mind is a nonprofit organization dedicated to encouraging dialogue about mental health, and to raising awareness, understanding, and empathy.”

According to the BC2M school map, there are over 390 high school clubs across the U.S. with an approximate total of 10,000 participating students. At the end of the 2020-2021 school year, over 77% of BC2M members across the nation reported a positive change in their schools and mental health due to the club.

Mt. Vernon is one of the first schools in Indiana to have a BC2M club, which is sponsored by Joana Goff at the Middle School. Mt. Vernon currently has a student on the Teen Advisory Board for the state of Indiana. The Teen Advisory Board is a student-led group where the members discuss what should happen within the school clubs and how BC2M as a school organization can improve within their state.