Regular Season Basketball Nearing End

Katelynn Hexamer

MV Varsity Basketball

Emerson Bridgewater, Staff Sports Writer

The Varsity basketball regular season is nearing an end, which means many things to many different people. For some players, it is the last season of high school ball. For head coach Ben Rhoades, it is his 2nd season as the head coach. As MV approaches the postseason, the team now looks to reflect on what they have done this season.

“The players are growing very well together. They are a lot of fun to be around, and are easy to coach,” said Coach Rhoades. “We have many good seniors that are setting a great example for our younger players.”

The team’s current record is 9-11. Along with that record, the team has had many memorable moments throughout the season such as game-winning shots, crazy dunks, and great team chemistry that shows. But of course, along with great pros of the team, there are often things the team can improve on. 

“We need some more consistency in our effort from game to game,” said Coach Rhoades.

Right now, the focus is on the postseason. MV defeated Anderson High School 71-50. MV will play their semi-final game against New Palestine High School on Friday at 6pm.

“The energy is high right now and we are very excited to get going and see what we can do,” said Rickie Wedlow, 12.