October Faction

Taylor Jones, Staff Writer

“October Faction” is a show that Netflix released on January 23rd. The Netflix series is about the Allen family, their history hunting monsters, and how that history just might come back to haunt them. It is based on the comic series published in 2015 of the same name. The comics were written by Steve Niles. 

Fred and Deloris Allen have been hunting monsters since they were teenagers and now with teens of their own, they have a choice to make: tell their twins Viv and Geoff about what it is they really do for a living or keep living a lie.

They travel all over the world moving from place to place in order to complete missions given to them by their agency, Presidio. But the sudden death of Fred’s father, Samuel, brings Fred and Deloris back to their hometown in upstate New York where unknown struggles await them. 

After deciding to stay in town for a while longer after the funeral instead of taking on another mission for Presidio, the Allens enroll the twins in high school. Once this happens, the family struggles to stay afloat as threats and enemies surface. 

The show is categorized as a drama, but there are obviously some supernatural elements to it as well as some thrilling moments as the series progresses. I started to watch this show with my mom and it was so captivating that we watched four episodes back to back. This show does have some pretty mature themes to it so I’d recommend that you are prepared for them to curse often, fo the appearance of drugs, and some more raunchy implied scenes.