Reasons why you should travel with the school

More stories from Abby Cook

Sports for the next week
December 22, 2018
Upcoming events
December 3, 2018
Sports for the week
November 20, 2018

Ever wanted to travel the world? Traveling can be pricey and hard to organize. Trips with the school can be easier for a student. I went on the England and Scotland trip this past June and highly recommend trips like this one to students. Here are some reasons I think traveling with the school is a good idea.

Traveling without family can be scary. I was very hesitant to go across the world without them. However, it made me feel a lot more independent to travel without my parents. I felt a sense of maturity when I left my parents at the airport. Another thing that made me feel better was the chaperones. The teachers are always with students. Mrs. Schiller watched us so closely, so we always felt secure. Each teacher was assigned a small group so that they could watch us easier. Mrs. Schiller called my groups the “pigeons.” We were able to feel safe while getting to experience the real world partially on our own.

Another thing to keep in mind is how reliable the chaperones are. Mrs. Schiller and Mrs. Stindle are very trustworthy due to their experience of taking kids on trips before. When I was with them, they always knew what we were doing and always kept the group close. They are very organized and will make everyone feel safe.

The cost can also be worrisome to most, but there are smart ways to budget for the trip wisely. For example, payments can be made monthly, and they are spread out to small amounts so that the costs are easier to pay for. So if a student were to sign up for the trips early, they can pay smaller amounts each month, which makes it much more affordable. It made it a lot easier for my parents to come up with the money because of how spread out the payments were. If someone wants to go to Rome and Athens next summer with Mrs. Schiller and Mrs. Stindle, it would be best to start payments now.

New friendships and experiences can come from these journeys. Originally, I started off with the people on my tour just being my classmates, but as the trip progressed, we became friends and started making jokes and having lots of fun together. Allison Yoder and I still talk about the jokes made over the summer on the trip.

Cleo Mills, 12, said, “ Getting to travel Europe with my best friends was one of the best feelings in the world.”

Traveling with the school can have many benefits.  Have a look at next summer’s Greece and Rome trip in 2020: www.eftours.com/2037483ud