Tips for SAT/ACT tests

Joan Lee, MVC Features and Reviews Editor

Study, especially if you plan on going to college. Although there are a few colleges and universities that do not require the SAT or ACT anymore, many institutions continue to look at your scores to see if you can fit in and add to the college environment.

Use the College Board or ACT websites. Both the College Board and ACT release practice booklets each school year for students taking the SAT or ACT.

“Take official practice SAT tests from the College Board,” said Keian Gatewood, 12. “They are exactly like the real tests. Also, use Khan Academy.”

The College Board teamed up with Khan Academy so that students can get personalized SAT practice. Best of all, it is free. You just need to create an account on Khan Academy and, if you have already taken the PSAT and/or SAT, connect your College Board account to Khan Academy.

If you have some money to spend, you can buy an Official SAT Practice workbook or Official ACT Prep Guide. Each year, a new workbook is published, but they can get a bit expensive. Look for workbooks that have at least one practice test. Also, you can use companies like Kaplan, Princeton Review, and Barron’s for SAT and ACT test prep.

The money-saving method is to search “SAT practice test” and “ACT practice test” on a search engine, like Google. You can access a lot of resources like crackact.com, blog.prepscholar.com, and 4tests.com.

Final words of advice for seniors, juniors, and worried sophomores: you will be fine. All you need to do is start, or continue depending on whether or not you have studied.