Upcoming London trip over fall break

More stories from Allison Yoder

To travel the world is generally a popular goal on bucket lists. However, at a high school age, however, for many, this seems very unlikely, especially traveling with friends.

At Mt. Vernon High School, this hope has already become a possibility for a handful of students that traveled to England and Scotland in the summer of 2018 with members of the English department, Mrs. Schiller and Mrs. Stindle. There is also another opportunity over the summer of 2019 to visit Germany and other areas in Europe with Mr. Carr, Mr. Guthrie, and Mrs. Terrell members of the history department.

If that is too long of a wait, though, then there is an upcoming opportunity to visit London during fall break with English teacher and head of the drama department, Miss Davis.

On this trip, from September 30th through October 8th, students will get the chance to see Broadway shows on the West End, sightsee all over the city, and overall immerse themselves in another culture, all with a guide who has lived in London and is familiar with the city, Miss Davis.

“The London trip originated because ‘42nd Street’ – our fall musical – is being performed in the West End,” said Davis, “I thought how enriching and inspiring would it be if some of our students could see that production prior our performing it here at Mt. Vernon. One thing led to another, and very quickly, I had an 8-night London itinerary planned for our students.”

There is a down payment of $825 due prior to August 15th, and the balance is due September 4. All payment go to Miss Davis. If students have any remaining questions, speak to Miss Davis in room B222.