Easter memories

Erica Magee, Staff Writer

Spring break is now over and Easter is hopping right around the corner. Holidays are a good time for students to reflect back on past holidays and the memories that they have made. Mt. Vernon students are talking about some of their very own traditions and memories of Easter.

Jenna Nicodemus, 9, said, “When I was little I used to dress up and go to my church’s Easter event then go out to dinner. The next morning my whole family would come over and decorate eggs and eat chocolate bunnies.”

Some traditions come to an end, but others live on.

James McCloud, 12, said “My family and I go to church for ‘Resurrection Sunday’ to celebrate our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Later in the day we have a cookout in the backyard and have my family and friends over.”

Some people also enjoy spending the holiday with their family, rather than practicing a religion.

Madison Lyons, 12, reflected, “I always go to my grandma’s house and we have a huge family dinner and then all the kids do an Easter egg hunt. Some eggs have numbers in them and the numbers correlate with the big prizes.”

While hunting for Easter eggs or attending a church service, the Easter holiday is a good time for reflection of past memories, and cherishing the new ones with family and friends.