Marching to a great season

MVHS Color Guard performs during the 2016 season

Jennifer McGowan

Lauren Pilkington, MVC Staff Reporter and Photographer

The Band of Marauders performed in Class B this year with their routine called “Snowfall.”

“I was very pleased with the students’ first [competitive] performance at Fishers High School,” said Mr. Ellinger, band director.

At the Lawrence Invitational on September 17, the Marauders were awarded the “best color guard.” This competition was the first time the band put together all three parts of their performance; it was polished enough to get them in 1st place.

The band has gotten good feedback and results throughout their season. One Marauder, Dana Sutherlan, 12 has been invited to march in the Rose Bowl Parade. She will travel to Pasadena, California during the last week of December to practice with the Disneyland color guard, in order to prepare for the parade.

Throughout the rest of the competition season the Marauders placed 4th at the Lawrence Invitational, 2nd at the HSE Invitational, and 5th place at Ben Davis.

The Marching Band also had an opportunity to perform their routine at Lucas Oil Stadium for the Mt. Vernon’s football teams Sectional game.

After receiving a gold rating at ISSMA, the marching band season ended with The Band of Marauders ranking in the top half at the ISSMA Scholastic Class A finals at Lawrence Central High School. Mr. Ellinger was very proud and content with the results the Marauders received.