Halloween happenings

Tuttles corn maze is just one of the Halloween activities available to people in the MVHS community.

Amanda Wiggins

Allison Yoder, Staff Writer

Let’s face it, Halloween is great, and in all the cool teen movies there are wild parties, crazy nights, and tons of fun. Unfortunately for most students in high school, Halloween features taking younger siblings trick or treating and nabbing the candy from the bowl at the door. There were still some fun things to do on Halloween obviously. It was just the part of figuring out what to do.

There was obviously the choice to go out and explore haunted houses or trails. There were many locations around Fortville that were not too far of a drive. Popular haunted attractions in the area include Indy Screampark, as well as places like Piney Acres.

If one has a lot of friends or even a few, a party was certainly a way to go. Although, since Halloween was on a Monday this year, parties probably happened on the weekend before as well. Whether a costume party, a scary movie marathon party, or even just a party with Halloween tunes playing, many people had amazing nights.

“I’m too old to go trick-or-treating in my opinion, so for Halloween I’m having a party, because I definitely still wanted to do something fun,” said John Beemer, 10.

Of course, if there was a little brother or sister in the picture, taking them trick-or-treating could be a bummer, but it could also have been a blast. Even if one does not have a sibling, no matter what age one might be, going trick or treating as a high schooler could be great. As all teenagers know, getting those aren’t you too old for this looks from judgemental adults are priceless.

“I’m definitely still trick-or-treating this year on Halloween, mostly because it’s fun and I’m still a little kid at heart,” said Christina Cory, 10.

Overall, Halloween was great no matter how old one is. It was all about kicking back and having fun. So sit back, grab a handful of candy, and get spooky.