No stress over finals stress

Emme Longman, Staff Writer

The feeling of gloom starts to settle in all of the students’ stomachs…worried eyes glance over stacks of study guides and unknown information…a feeling of stress and doom comes upon every students…because it’s finals week.

Many students know that finals week is coming up quicker than we would like, and it seems impossible that the nine weeks is almost over. It feels like the third week of school has just started, and then all the sudden, Mrs. Adams told me that we need to start getting ready for finals.

Some students are worried about their grades after finals, but won’t put in the work to actually study hard-If that’s you, I am right there with you.

Something changed inside of me when I became a sophomore-I stopped caring so much about my grades, stopped giving my best effort, and my work ethic flew out the window.

I feel the stress of finals week, but to be honest, I’m not all that worried. I was never a person who studied much, rather one that reviewed right before the test and winged it the rest of the way. If you can, do not end up like me.

I know that I should have started studying weeks ahead of time because I am in an AP class, but I just don’t have the motivation. I know that my grade fully depends on how much I study, but I just don’t feel like finals are coming up soon.

As we get closer to finals, I can feel the tension in the air, and I just keep ignoring it and continuing to watch “The Office.”